Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine
Course dates for 2018 have not been confirmed. If you would like to be on the notification list, please click here and fill in your details. You will be notified once dates for 2018 are confirmed. Thank you.
The Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine is a short course designed for GPs, occupational medicine trainees and other medical practitioners who assess and manage patients with work-related problems.
Aims and Objectives
To provide medical practitioners with the knowledge and skills to:
- Diagnose and manage common occupational injuries & diseases
- Document and investigate complex and less common problems in occupational medicine
- Perform a medical assessment, including history and examination, aimed at pre-placement, medical surveillance or return to work
- Write a medicolegal report
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
The course is approved for 40 Category 1 RACGP QI & CPD points for the 2017-2019 triennium. Points are awarded upon passing the mulitiple choice/short answer exam at the end of the course.
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
The ACRRM has approved the course for 30 PRPD points for the 2017-2019 triennium. Points are awarded upon passing the mulitiple choice/short answer exam at the end of the course.
Australian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (AFOEM)
The course meets many of the requirements for the AFOEM training curriculum.
Coordinator and teaching staff
Dr David Fish, Occupational Physician with extensive experience in industry, government and private practice, a Fellow of the Australasian Faculty Occupational and Environmental Medicine (AFOEM).
Other occupational physicians involved in teaching:
Prof Malcolm Sim, Director, Monash Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health
Dr David Elder, Occupational Physician
Dr David Goddard, AFOEM Education Project Officer
Over 15 other expert clinicians and specialists in their field contribute to the extensive week long program.
- Cost: $2,400 inc. GST
- Flyer: View the course flyer
- Enrolments: Enrolments will be capped at 30 participants so please register early to avoid disappointment as the course usually sells out well in advance
- Participant pre-requisites: Must be qualified medical doctors. International participants are very welcome, visa permitting though. Good understanding of medical terminology in English is essential.
- Curriculum: Download the Aims and objectives and Curriculum or view a previous program
- Assessment: A certificate of completion will awarded to those who pass the compulsory assessment at the end of the course.
- Venue: The Alfred Centre, 99 Commercial Road, Prahran (Melbourne).
- Accommodation: Details of accommodation close to the course venue will be emailed upon registration
How to register
Registration for the course is now closed. You may request to be on the waiting list by providing your details here. If a vacancy comes up, you will be contacted to see if you would like to take up the seat.
phone: (03) 9903 0584