Cardiovascular Research Unit
Head: Professor Andrew Tonkin
NHMRC Centres for Research Excellence:
- Australian Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium (AUS-ROC)
- Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Therapeutics (CCRE)
- National Centre of Research Excellence for Peripheral Arterial Disease (NCRE-PAD)
- ASPirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly (ASPREE) study, a large-scale, placebo controlled clinical trial studying the effect of aspirin on healthy lifespan, and in its related substudies
- Does statin use have a disease modifying effect in symptomatic knee osteoarthritis? A multicentre randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
- Examining GWAS-identified loci of interest in predicting coronary events in subjects with known coronary heart disease: The LIPID genetic study
- Metabolomic insights into the pathogenesis and risk assessment of unstable coronary artery disease
- The LIPID Study: 16 year outcomes and their predictors of risk and their interactions in CHD patients
- UNIVERSE (Placebo controlled trial of the effects of Rosuvastatin)
- ECHIDNAs (Epidemiology of chronic diseases and DNA studies)
- HAT (Home Automated Defibrillator Trial)
- CHAT (Chronic Heart failure Assisted by Telephone study)
- Absolute Risk
- ACE Heart Study -Improving the cost effectiveness of health services for the prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease.
- The CHD Prevention Model - Cost-effectiveness of interventions for cardiovascular disease in Australia.
- Cost of Myocardial Infarction and heart failure in the Community (CosMIC)
- Epidemiology of hypertension in Australia
- Melbourne Collaborative Cohort Study Risk and determinants of fatal and non-fatal coronary heart disease within the study.
- Improving cost effectiveness of health services for the prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease
- Take Heart
- IT Medical Modelling - Prevention Model for Cardiovascular Disease in Australia.
- A Pilot for a Victorian Cohort Study (ViCS)
- Ms Allison Byrnes