This two day interactive workshop has been designed specifically to provide those in leadership and senior management positions in the complex area of the healthcare industry with a more in-depth understanding of health economics within the Australian healthcare environment, utilising interactive case studies.
This course requires minimum numbers to run. Please refrain from booking flights and/or accommodation until course is confirmed to run. Any questions, please contact email@example.com
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the Australian Health Care system.
- Discuss the health environment and how policy is formulated including applied thresholds across the world.
- Identify the major policies/regulations in place concerning the reimbursement of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and prosthesis in Australia.
- Recognise the principal of scarcity.
- Understand the concepts of opportunity cost and marginal analysis.
- Explain the importance and principals of economic evaluation.
- Identify when to best use the various types of economic evaluation.
- Asses an economic evaluation – from clinical trial to application of the outcomes in an economic evaluation.
Participants may register to attend one or two days of this course.
Who should attend?
Current and prospective postgraduate students, senior management in the public and private healthcare sectors including pharmacists, economics managers/associates, health reform and improvement Units, planning and design Units.
While the information contained herein was correct at the date of publication, Monash University reserves the right to alter procedures, fees and regulations should the need arise.