The MERQ unit has a strong focus on performing research to inform educational practice.
Current Research Studies:
- 'In-house' example of applying cost and value to assessment practices
- AMEE Guideline and Checklist for applying cost and value research methodology to teaching and learning
- General Practitioners' knowledge, attitudes and use of evidence-based medicine
Completed Research Studies:
- Curriculum renewal for evidence-based practice: implementing a blended learning approach in medicine
- Can student performance in a mini-CEX predict overall performance in medicine?
- What happened on Grey's Anatomy last night? Teaching medicine and medical ethics using popular culture.
- Developing psychometrically validated tools for assessing medical students' competency in research knowledge and skills
- Ascertaining student readiness and outcomes on inter-professional education in health professional programs
- Social media in medical education