Career planning resources
For each stage in planning your career in medicine, there are resources that can help.
- The Gippsland Students Medical Network is dedicated to helping Gippsland secondary school students (and current medical students) achieve their dream of becoming a doctor. Support for students and resources for teachers.
- These are the entry requirements for Monash medicine.
- If you need financial help to study, the Rural Workforce Agency, Victoria (RWAV) offers a range of scholarships, as does Monash University.
- Monash offers a range of accommodation while you're studying.
Current medical students
- The Gippsland Students Medical Network also supports current medical students.
- Wildfire is Monash's student rural health club.
Interns and junior medical officers
- RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency Victoria) is a non-profit government funded organisation improving healthcare for rural, regional and Aboriginal communities in Victoria. RWAV posts job vacancies and their website and supports working health professionals.
- PMCV (Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria) works to support the career development of doctors who have recently graduated.
- Australia's 13 specialist colleges manage training for medical specialties.
The regional training hubs are gradually developing websites. See the Goulburn Valley Regional Training Hub (University of Melbourne) for details of training opportunities in north-east Victoria.
And if you are a supervisor or working to become one, there are also helpful resources to develop your skills.