Coursework units in rural health
Monash Rural Health offers a range of online undergraduate and postgraduate coursework units. These units are run and taught by Monash University Department of Rural Health (MUDRH) staff. You can enrol in these units if you are:
- a Monash University student doing a course where a School of Rural Health unit is a core unit for your course
- a Monash University student who would like to enrol into a School of Rural Health unit as an elective unit
- a non-Monash University student who would like to enrol in a unit as a single subject enrolment or a cross-institutional unit enrolment
The units we teach are for anyone who would like to:
- gain an understanding in:
- community health and healthcare planning
- research methods
- advanced health care practice
- take the first steps for entry into a graduate degree; a PhD or master's by coursework, for example Master of Advanced Health Care Practice
- fulfil continuing professional development (CPD) requirements through single subject enrolments.
Single subject enrolment and cross-institutional unit enrolment
If you are not undertaking a Monash University degree, you can enrol in these units (subjects) as single subject enrolments. This allows you to study a discipline without completing an entire undergraduate or postgraduate degree. Single units are taken outside an award course; that is, you will not be enrolled in a Monash University degree program.
Completed units can be used to be credited towards current or future courses at Monash University or other institutions.
Units offered in 2018
- SRH3001: Rural health issues 1: Health in the rural context
- SRH5000: Health and health care planning for communities (offered 2019)
- SRH5001: Research methods for health (offered semester 1)
- SRH5003: Designing and conducting health research (offered semester 1 & 2)
- SRH5032: Applied research for health practitioners (offered semester 2)
- SRH5016: Interprofessional rural health practice (offered in semester 1 and 2)
- MAP5003: Essentials of advanced health care practice and research (offered semester 1 & 2)
- NUR5208: Therapeutic medication management (offered semester 1 - School of Nursing & Midwifery)