Getting to Mildura
Travel: getting here and back
Mildura is located on the Murray River in north-west Victoria on the border of New South Wales; 550 km north-west of Melbourne; 440 km north-east of Adelaide; 1080 km west of Sydney.
Getting to Mildura is easy: board a plane, bus, train, or drive yourself!
The Mildura region is well served by daily flights at various times from all capital cities. The distance from the airport to Mildura city is 11 km which takes approximately 10 minutes by car. Information and bookings are available at:
|QantasLink||13 13 13||Qantas flights|
|Virgin Australia||13 67 89||Virgin flights to Mildura|
|Regional Express Airlines (REX)||13 17 13||REX flights|
Information and bookings are available at: 13 61 96 or vline.com.au
|Greyhound||13 14 99||greyhound.com.au|
|V/Line||13 61 96||vlinepassenger.com.au|
Mildura is at the meeting point of a network of major highways. Make your way to Mildura from:
- Melbourne via Ballarat along the Sunraysia Highway (approx. 5-6 hrs)
- Along the Murray River on the Murray Valley Highway (approx. 5-6 hrs)
- Melbourne via Bendigo along the Calder Highway all the way (approx. 5-6 hrs)
- Adelaide via the Sturt Highway (approx. 4-5 hrs)
- Sydney along the Silver City Highway (approx. 10-12 hrs)
- When travelling by car, keep a lookout for wildlife, especially when you see road signs warning that there are animals in the area. If you see wildlife on the side of the road, slow down to reduce your braking distance and give the animal a chance to cross. *BE CAREFUL as kangaroos are very common on the roads leading into Mildura.
- Leave your fruit at home – Mildura is in a Fruit Fly Exclusion Zone. Buy fresh local produce when you arrive.