Year 5D placements
Year 5D transitions students into the medical workplace as trainee interns. It is structured as a series of six six-week clinical rotations in aged care, emergency medicine, medicine, surgery, a specialty, and a scholarly intensive placement (SIP) rotation.
Any one or more of these can be undertaken in rural locations in either the north-west or south-east regions. This gives students an opportunity to experience rural practice in their final year.
Accommodation is provided close to the hospitals at a subsidised rental.
Regional and rural placements are open to all Monash medical students as well as final year students from other universities in Australia and overseas.
The health services
Rotations in the south-east are based at:
- West Gippsland Healthcare Group in Warragul
- Latrobe Regional Hospital in Traralgon
- Bass Coast Regional Health in Wonthaggi,
- Bairnsdale Regional Health Service in Bairnsdale,
- Central Gippsland Health Service in Sale,
- Gippsland Southern Health Service in Leongatha and
- smaller communities in the region
Rotations in the north-west are based at:
Who do I contact if I have questions?
|Bairnsdale||Bairnsdale Year 5D coordinator|
|Bendigo||Bendigo Year 5D clinical site administrator|
|Mildura||Mildura Year 5D coordinator|
|Sale||Sale Year 5D coordinators|
|Warragul and Traralgon||Gippsland Year 5D coordinators|