Three PhD scholarships in rural healthcare
Expressions of interest close 31 January 2020.
Monash Rural Health is offering three PhD scholarship opportunities in rural healthcare to exceptional candidates. As a PhD candidate, you will develop and use implementation skills and theory to contribute to our research agenda.
- Location: various (Bendigo, Gippsland, Mildura)
- Enrolment type: full-time
- Duration: three years
- Remuneration: AUD 27,872 per annum full-time rate (tax-free stipend for three years)
About Monash Rural Health
Monash Rural Health is part of Monash University’s Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. We carry a mandate to improve the health status of regional, rural and remote communities in Australia and, more specifically, in Victoria. We are committed to a sustainable rural health workforce and are achieving these outcomes through developing and implementing medical and health professions education programs in under-served regional and rural communities, and by undertaking targeted research programs that address priority health problems in rural populations.
Monash Rural Health's primary research themes and leaders include:
|Research theme||Theme lead||Contact for information|
|Mental health||Dr Anton Isaacsemail@example.com|
|Alcohol and other drugs||Dr Bernadette Wardfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chronic illness, ageing well and supportive care||Dr Eli Ristevski|
Dr Matthew Carroll
|Longitudinal studies||Dr Rebecca Kippenemail@example.com|
Your project will be aligned with one or more of the above research themes. Throughout your PhD you will be supported by the quality supervision of at least two Monash Rural Health supervisors, with additional supervision support (e.g. specific technical expertise) as needed. You will also receive up to 120 hours of dedicated research training and, later in your candidature, support to attend and present at a research conference in your discipline.
Capacity building incentives
Monash Rural Health offers an enriching and supportive environment for its students. An annual travel allowance, professional development allowance and publication allowance will be allocated to you each year. In addition, you will be eligible for further funding opportunities that we offer and be invited to engage regularly with early-career, mid-career and senior researchers through established groups and committees throughout Monash Rural Health.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or who hold an Australian Permanent Resident Visa or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa.
- Have an excellent academic track record with an honours or master’s degree with H1 or equivalent.
- Have a strong interest and passion for research and willingness to undertake a PhD in the theme areas listed above.
How to apply
- Contact theme leads (above) for more information about specific project topics and opportunities.
- Email an expression of interest to the relevant theme lead and attach a CV detailing your professional and academic qualifications and relevant research experience.