Training in research, evaluation and quality improvement in health services
Research, evaluation and quality improvement (QI) are core business for Victorian health and human services. Monash Rural Health has developed a comprehensive training scheme to build essential skills for health services in these areas. The scheme comprises two separate days of face-to-face training and follow-up mentorship support via either videoconference or one-on-one face-to-face.
What's involved in this training? (5:27 mins)
Who is this training for?
This training is for Monash Rural Health staff, and health and human service professionals wishing to undertake research or QI projects. A key outcome from this scheme will be a fully developed proposal that could be used for ethics applications, grant applications and business proposals. Limited places are available and an Expression of Interest (EOI) process will be used to identify individuals and/or small groups (up to four people per project) who have an idea they would like to turn into a research, evaluation or QI proposal.
There are two separate training days approximately 8 weeks apart. In the period between the training days mentors will support individuals and/or project teams to complete part one of their proposal.
At the end of training day one, participants will be able to:
- Develop a clear research question.
- Describe how to search the literature to find best evidence to support their proposal.
- Have a broad understanding of key research methodologies.
- Draft a program logic model to describe program activities and preliminary evaluation questions.
At the end of training day two, participants will be able to:
- Understand qualitative and quantitative data collection in depth including surveys, interviews and focus groups, and audits.
- Briefly describe approaches to data analysis and sources of further support.
- Describe the elements of an ethics application.
- Design an ethical and realistic evaluation plan for their program.
We are working towards obtaining accreditation for the following professions:
- Occupational therapy
- Social work
- Speech pathology
For further details email firstname.lastname@example.org