Research Support Officer - Melbourne
Job No.: 34732
Categories: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Multiple positions available
- Fixed term : 12 months
- Full-time : 76 hours per fortnight
- Classification : HS1A ($55,032.64)
- Alfred Centre location
- Staff benefits
STAREE is a double-blind, randomised primary prevention trial investigating whether daily active treatment of Atorvastatin versus placebo will enhance disability-free survival (death, dementia and disability) and prevent major cardiovascular outcomes in healthy participants aged 70 years and over. The trial is primarily funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia.
The STAREE Research Support Officer provides key support to the clinical trial as part of the STAREE project at the Clinical Trial Centre based at the Alfred Centre Melbourne. This position will provide research and administrative support to the STAREE Managers and other staff.
In this role, you will assist in the administration of the trial data, collating study documents, data entry and maintenance of databases and case record forms. You will answer phone calls from participants to screen and book participants into study visits, as well as liaise with GP clinics to secure room bookings. The role is a dynamic team based role responsible for multiple sites across Australia
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education;
- Highly organised with proven ability to prioritise tasks in a busy environment.
- Ability to solve problems by using discretion, innovation and the exercise good customer service to both internal and external customers;
- High-level of written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to work with others in the workplace in a collegiate manner;
- Demonstrated computer skills in databases, word processing and spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated strong focus on customer service and business ethics;
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
If you have any enquiries regarding the role, please contact Simone Spark at email@example.com
Thursday 09 June 2021, 11:55pm AEDT
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.