STAREE study main principles
- STAREE is a community based, public health trial that is funded by government and non-profit health organisations. STAREE is not sponsored by pharmaceutical industries.
- STAREE is the only statin-placebo control, double-blind, randomised trial exclusively enrolling older adults.
- STAREE will determine if the benefits of statin therapy outweigh the risks of adverse effects for initially healthy older adults.
- STAREE will determine whether statins can extend healthy life expectancy and independent living and improve quality of life in the older population.
- STAREE will provide clinicians and older adults with evidence-based data which will guide decisions about whether they should prescribe or take a statin.