|Parent policy||Unit Review Policy|
These procedures applies to all coursework units owned by the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
|Procedure for unit review||Unit review involves the following steps:|
- 1. Unit Review Management
- The Quality Unit will prepare a three year schedule and administer it on behalf of the Learning and Teaching Committee (LTC).
- The Chief Examiner in collaboration with the Unit Coordinator conducts the unit review and presents findings to Course Management Committee. Occasionally content specialist or education design expert may be involved in the process.
- CMC will monitor and implement any action items arising from the review.
- CMC is responsible for presenting the findings to a standing committee of LTC.
- LTC receives the final recommendation of the review from the standing committee. LTC also provides annual unit review report to the University Leaning and Teaching Committee.
- 2. The review must address the following:
- Constructive alignment between unit outcomes, learning activities, assessment activities and their overall relationship to the course outcomes.
- Teaching methods and their alignment with the Better Teaching, Better Learning (BTBL) strategy.
- Assessment methods and their alignment with BTBL strategy.
- Expertise of teaching staff
- Student evaluation
- 3. Where a unit is offered as multi-mode and multi-campus, the review should address the outcomes for each offering.
- 4. Documents to review
- Handbook Entry
- Unit Guide
- SETU Results
- Grade Distributions
- Academic integrity
|Endorsement body||Learning and Teaching Committeee Meeting: 03/2014 Date: 07/07/2014 Agenda item: 8.1|
|Date effective||7 July 2014|
|Review date||7 July 2014|
|Policy Owner||Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences|
|Policy Author||Quality Unit|