The workshop will take place at the Clayton campus of Monash University in Melbourne. Clayton is located about 20km east of Melbourne's central business district.
Melbourne Airport is located north of Melbourne's central business district. The Skybus provides service between the airport and Southern Cross train station in the city centre. It operates 24 hours a day at regular 10 minute intervals and costs $26 for a roundtrip ticket.
From Southern Cross station, you can catch either the Cranbourne or Pakenham train lines out of the city, making a bus connection at Huntingdale station to Monash's Clayton campus. Metlink is Melbourne's public transportation website, and its Journey Planner will suggest the best bus line to take at certain times. Taxi ranks are also present outside Southern Cross station, and will cost $30-40 to travel to Clayton.
Parking on campus out of semester is free in the BLUE car parking spaces which are plentiful. However, we would like to encourage either shared travel or public transportwhere possible.
Within walking distance of Monash
- Clayton Monash Motor Inn (~$130 per room/pn, 500m from Monash)
- Gateway on Monash (expensive but nice, ~200m from Campus)
- Hotel Bruce County (~$185 per room/pn, catch 703 bus to Monash, or 30 minute/2.6km walk)
Short bus ride from Monash
- Ibis Glen Waverley (~$130 per room/pn, catch 737 bus to Monash, also ontrain line to city)
- Novotel Glen Waverley (from $150 per room)
- Quest Apartments Glen Waverley (self catering)
Closer to city and easily accessible from Monash
- Hotel Claremont, South Yarra (hotel rooms $90 p/n, plus backpacker-style option from $34pp/pn, good location and on Monash train line)
Or have a look at other local options on booking.com.
Information about Melbourne
The ANITA meeting will be held in lecture theatre S3 in building 25 (see map below, or the pdf version).
The summer school willbe located in M345, on the 3rd floor of building 28 (the Maths building, near the North-West corner of campus).
| Workshop Enquiries || Website enquiries || Monash Centre for Astrophysics|