Leading Change for Sustainable Development
We'll teach you the tools and techniques to lead cross-disciplinary teams and promote change. You'll learn about the different models of leadership and which are suited to dealing with complex problems that have no borders. And you'll develop a personal plan you can put into action straight away about where and how you can be most effective as a leader.
This unit will teach you:
- Expand your understanding of 'leadership' and understand how leadership operates as a process of influence that can build shared visions and collective success.
- Recognise the importance of individual and group-based leadership to successful sustainable development outcomes.
- Focus on those aspects of leadership that can be consciously developed, such as critical leadership skills and choosing appropriate strategies to match the context.
- Apply theoretical frameworks and models and concepts articulated in the vast leadership literature to real-world scenarios in order to advance sustainable development.
- Develop techniques and tools to apply to leading cross-disciplinary teams to make change happen.
Is this course for you?
The world needs all sorts of leaders across all levels and sectors. This unit is designed for practitioners who are seeking to advance sustainable development and affect real change. The unit differs from traditional MBA-style leadership training in that it selects the theoretical frameworks/models, leadership roles, case studies and skill sets from the vast leadership literature that are most relevant to practitioners who seek to advance sustainable development.