Sustainable Business And Innovation
Sustainability is a strategic priority for leading companies in every sector around the globe. Now there is more pressure than ever before for businesses and corporations to find innovative solutions to today’s challenges and apply ethical principles into their business strategies to secure their viability.
This postgraduate unit, offered through Monash’s Business and Economics faculty, provides students with the opportunity to demonstrate a broad knowledge of global sustainable development challenges and understand the role of business globally and locally in contributing to innovation and entrepreneurial solutions that address these challenges.
What you'll learn
This postgraduate unit will teach you to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of global sustainable development challenges.
- Research and analyse innovative solutions to sustainable development challenges in global contexts.
- Acquire practical skills and knowledge for supporting strategic change within a business towards sustainable practice.
- Apply a sustainability impact assessment framework with a business and evaluate the findings.
- Critically reflect on the role of business in contributing to sustainable development innovation and solutions.
- Evaluate personal learning and personal development in contributing to the organisational change process.
Structure of the course
The unit is delivered in block mode over seven weeks approximately. Delivery involves live online interactive webinars, self-paced study, group work and face-to-face workshops.
Is this for you?
This unit is available to postgraduate students studying the Master of Global Business or Master of Management with the Monash Faculty of Business and Economics.
How to enrol
To enrol in this unit, visit the Monash Handbook.
The unit is offered in the second semester.
The unit is offered on-campus at Monash Caulfield
For more information please contact the Course Coordinator and Lecturer, Gitanjali Bedi at Gitanjali.Bedi@monash.edu.
‘This unit was by far the best unit I have studied at Monash - the structure and content of the unit, workshop activities, guest lecturers gave me a holistic overview of sustainable business. This unit has pivoted my focus in business towards sustainability and that is an area I will be majoring in’. (Student evaluation)
‘I learnt so much from the workshops and weekly readings, and I thoroughly enjoyed your unit’. (Student evaluation)
‘This unit has really touched my heart’. (Student evaluation)