Why Study With MSDI
We take a transdisciplinary approach to our academic and professional courses, which means that we are creating a global network of leaders and thinkers who have the capacity to collaborate, lead and deliver positive change for the future.
Our study programs encourage you to think creatively to develop solutions to global sustainable development issues, such as; tackling social inequality, achieving net zero emissions and pioneering new ways to manage water sustainably in our cities.
Five reasons to study with us:
- You’ll learn from experts in sustainable development. From systems transformation to behaviour change, from leadership to transdisciplinary collaboration, we don’t just teach in sustainable development - we work and research in the field. Our world leading experts and researchers in sustainable development bring their latest knowledge and innovation into the classroom.
- You’ll apply your new skills to real-world issues straight away. MSDI has established around 150 partnerships with industry, government and community groups around the world. That means you’ll get a chance to engage with real-world issues and challenges while you’re learning, giving you ample experience before you’re out in the field.
- You’ll benefit from award-winning education that is designed to be transformative. We don’t just aim to teach; we want to expand your worldview. We’ll challenge the foundations of what you know through self-regulated learning and creative teaching techniques, and help you build the skills you need to engage with complexity.
- You’ll study alongside emerging leaders from all around the world. Our courses attract students from all over the world, meaning you’ll get to study with emerging leaders from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and be exposed to a wide range of different perspectives.
- We’re globally networked and connected to international leaders in sustainable development. Monash University, through MSDI, is host to the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network, for the Australia, New Zealand and Pacific region. As a key player in the region, we’re leading the regional conversation on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and how to implement them.
What we offer
Our study program offers bespoke, customised training for professionals and organisations, postgraduate and undergraduate accredited courses, extra-curricular programs, digital engagement tools, thesis supervision for Masters’ and PhD students, research internships and tailor-made training to complement your existing qualifications.
- ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY COURSES - This includes Australia’s only Leadership for Sustainable Development specialisation as part of Monash University's Master of Environment and Sustainability, and a range of undergraduate units focused on sustainability and organisations.
- PROFESSIONAL AND CONTINUING EDUCATION - Customised professional education programs for individual leaders and organisations; our programs vary from half-day engagements to long-term partnerships around a specific change agenda.
- RESEARCH DEGREES - We're proud to host a number of doctorate, masters and honours students conducting exciting interdisciplinary research related to environmental, social and economic sustainable development.
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR EDUCATION – we provide opportunities to complement and strengthen your degree while studying. Our award-winning extra-curricular programs are designed to inspire emerging change agents in their career and beyond.