21 November 2017
MUARC is proud to report that it has been awarded the Vice-Chancellor's Award for Sustained Excellence in Research Impact and Enterprise. The announcement was made last night at a special event hosted by the Monash University Vice-Chancellor, Professor Margaret Gardner.
In August, a small working group prepared a submission for the Vice-Chancellor’s Education and Research Awards titled, ‘30 Years of Effective Collaboration: The MUARC Model'.
The submission outlined MUARC’s three decades of excellence in research and sustained government partnerships, delivering demonstrable impact and benefits for injury prevention and safety.
It is through these partnerships that MUARC has positioned itself as a leader in injury prevention, delivering relevant research with real-world solutions.
This prestigious award is timely recognition of the Centre’s accomplishments as it celebrates its 30-year anniversary.
Pictured receiving the award (L-R):
- Deputy Director, Associate Professor Stuart Newstead,
- Associate Professor Jennie Oxley,
- Operations Coordinator, Lesley Rees,
- Professor Tim Horberry,
- Director, Professor Judith Charlton,
- Associate Professor Michael Fitzharris, and
- Senior Administrative Research and Events Coordinator, Melina Pereira.