Wednesday 10 April 2013, 10.30 - 12.00pm
Monash University Museum of Art
FREE /// bookings essential, includes morning tea
Mapping South: Journeys in South-South Cultural Relations
A roundtable to celebrate the launch of the new book, Mapping South, and to discuss the importance of southern cultures for reimagining the global.
- Michelle Evans - Melbourne Business School, Fulbright Scholar
- Anthony Gardner - University of Oxford
- Kevin Murray - Southern Perspectives and the Sangam Project
- Nikos Papastergiadis - University of Melbourne
- Lucreccia Quintanilla - Monash University
What is the South? Is it a place, a voice or a perspective? A specific site or a mobile culture? Edited by a collective led by Anthony Gardner, Mapping South explores the South as a regional identity and a cultural provocation through essays, interviews and artworks by contributors from Australia and internationally. At once a reflection on the history of south-south cultural relations and a launching pad for new initiatives, Mapping South is an ambitious exploration of what it means to think from, through and ultimately about the South.