Saturday 13 April, 5-8pm
MUMA | Monash University Museum of Art
Ground Floor, Building F
Monash University, Caulfield Campus
FREE /// All welcome
Burgers, Beats & Live Radio Broadcast
MUMA invites you to join us to celebrate the final day of the exhibition Shapes of Knowledge with a free party!
Our international guests Chimurenga will be streaming live in the MUMA foyer from 12-5pm, with the Pan African Space Station (PASS) - a pop-up live radio studio. PASS is a machine for travelling at the speed of thought – it borrows its slogan “There are other worlds out there they never told you about” from the philosopher, composer and bandleader Sun Ra. In collaboration with artists, activists and cultural workers based in Melbourne, PASS will host conversations around black internationalism, examining the region’s interaction with the African continent as a means to acknowledge its relevance today.
From 5pm, there will be:
* DJ sets: Mr. Congo and MAI
* Food trucks by Sliders on Tyres
* Free burger for the first 100 guests!
* Free charcoal ice cream by A Centre for Everything
* Free artist workshop: 'The Unreadymade', a workshop by Isabella Darcy. Bring an item of clothing and make your own collages
* Free shuttle bus on loop from Clayton to Caulfeld between 4:30pm and 8:30pm
Departing Caulfield on the hour from north of H building - view map
Departing Clayton on the half hour from 15 Scenic Blvd - view map
For details and to confirm your spots please book here.