European Workshop on Fetal Growth Restriction,
- 5 July 2018 at 8:00 am – 6 July 2018 at 8:00 am
- Monash University Prato Centre
- Prato Centre, Italy
- Open to:
- clinicians, clinician scientists, obstetric trainees, researchers, midwives
- $500 AUD
- Register here:
- Medicine, Nursing, Health Science
The Ritchie Centre, Hudson Institute of Medical Research, and Monash University Department of Obstetrics will be hosting the European Workshop on Fetal Growth Restriction, from 5 - 6 July, 2018 at the Monash University Prato Centre, Prato, Italy.
Fetal Growth Restriction is a serious complication of pregnancy that affects up to 10% of all pregnancies worldwide, and results in an infant who is much smaller than expected at birth. The majority of growth restricted infants are born preterm, and have significant risks of perinatal mortality and morbidity, with survivors having a high likelihood of long-term neurological, metabolic, and/or cardiovascular dysfunctions.
The aim of the Workshop is to bring together clinicians and researchers who have an interest in surveillance, detection and diagnosis of FGR, associated mechanisms of organ injury, functional outcomes and clinical interventions for FGR.
The Themes of the Workshop will include:
- FGR definitions, biomarkers and screening
- Current clinical trials
- Mechanisms and morbidities; Brain
- Mechanisms and morbidities; Cardiovascular and Respiratory
- Interventions; Prenatal and Postnatal
Our confirmed invited speakers are world-leading clinicians and researchers working to improve outcomes for growth restricted infants. The Workshop will invite abstracts and registrations from all who are interested in FGR.
- Caroline Menara
- 03 8572 2877
- Hudson Institute of Medical Research