Social Innovation Summit
- 11 August 2018 at 12:00 am
- Learning and Teaching Building, Ground Floor. Room G.31, 19 Ancora Imparo Way.
- Clayton Campus
- Open to:
- Current students and recent alumni (within 5 years of graduating)
- Free. There is no cost for participating in the Summit however students and alumni are required to pay a $10 deposit to register for this event, which will be refunded when they turn up on the day.
- Register here:
- Alumni; Art, Design and Architecture; Business and Economics; Caulfield campus; Conferences & Exhibitions; Education; Engineering; Faculty of Arts; Information Technology; Law; Medicine, Nursing, Health Science; Monash College; Orientation; Other events; Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Science; Science; Seminars & Workshops; Student matters; General
You're invited to join the inaugural Social Innovation Summit, taking place at Clayton campus on Saturday 11 August. It’s an opportunity to learn about sustainable development and social business, and a great starting point for those looking to apply for the social business competition Leave No One Behind.
With no obligation to sign up, bring along your friends for an energising and inspiring introduction to the world of social business.
The Summit will provide an introduction to key concepts, including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and social business, and will also begin matchmaking teams.
On the day we'll:
- Explore social disadvantage through the lens of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Understand different social business models and how you can have impact
- Hear from leading social entrepreneurs on how they got started
- Deep dive into social issues affecting the local community and potential solution
- Hear a detailed run down of the Leave No One Behind competition, and how it works
There will be presentations by industry experts, as well as some hands-on teamwork to spark new ideas and build your skills. Come with your passion and ideas – and leave with new friends, collaborators and practical tools to get started.
Note: There is no cost for participating in the Summit. Eligible students and alumni are required to pay a $10 deposit to register for this event, which will be refunded in cash at the registration table when they arrive on the day.
This registration includes:
- A certificate of participation
- Delicious lunch, snacks and drinks
- A new network of people
- Liz Bacchetti
- Monash Sustainable Development Institute