Wound Care Management for Nurses course
- 18 April 2018 at 8:00 am – 18 April 2018 at 4:30 pm
- Monash University, Clayton Campus
- Clayton Campus
- Open to:
- Alumni; Medicine, Nursing, Health Science
A one day course for Nurses on wound care in practice. This is a didactic and hands on course which will cover topics on how wounds heal, what prevents healing, acute wounds, chronic wounds, infection and antiseptics. Wound and patient assessment, and decisions of what and how to dress wounds. This includes the demonstration of products, as well as the role and use of bandages and compression therapy.
- To understand the biology of healing.
- To identify the factors that impact on wound healing.
- To understand accurate wound and patient assessment.
- To clarify wound infection and the role of antiseptics.
- To identify and treat acute and common chronic wounds seen in practice.
- To clarify and examine dressings their type and functions.
- To understand and demonstrate bandages and their role in retention, support and compression.