Graduate Research Students
Currently enrolled students seeking to make changes to their scholarship or enrolment, such as converting to part-time enrolment or taking a period or leave of absence or undertaking an internship, should refer to information on the graduate research Support and Resources page. Key COVID-specific measures are outlined below.
Supporting our students
- If you are a current Monash Australia doctoral student and you commenced prior to 30 November 2021, we’ve automatically applied an extension to your thesis submission date, meaning your thesis submission date has been adjusted to 3.5 years equivalent full time, pro-rated for part-time students. You can view your adjusted thesis submission date via the Research Enrolment Summary.
- If you need to apply for a further extension to your submission date you can apply for a formal thesis extension.
Graduate Research Completion Award (GRCA)
- We’ve introduced a supplementary Graduate Research Completion Award to support graduate research students in their final year, who have been significantly impacted during COVID-19 and are close to submitting their thesis for examination.
- Monash Australia doctoral and masters by research students who are close to submitting, may be eligible to apply for this award which provides funding at the RTP/MGS stipend rate of up to 12 weeks equivalent full time (doctoral students) and six weeks equivalent full time (masters by research students). If you would like further information on this award, including eligibility, selection criteria and the application process, we encourage you to visit our page dedicated to this scheme.
Study Away/ Travel Grants
- See 'Travel advice' for information.
If you have any question relating to the administration of your enrolment, you can contact the Monash Graduate Research Office or your Faculty Graduate Research Office. See our website for details.