COVID-19 - Event cancellations
The health and wellbeing of our Monash community is our top priority.
To help slow the spread of COVID-19, the Australian Government has banned non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100, effective 5pm, Wednesday 18 March. This is in addition to bans on mass outdoor gatherings of more than 500 people.
In line with this official health advice, Monash has cancelled all upcoming non-essential indoor events where a crowd of 100 people or more was anticipated on our Australian campuses, effective immediately.
We understand there is community concern in the face of this pandemic. We’re rapidly working through all options, including modifying our education delivery to allow the same academic quality and integrity with the ability for effective social distancing.
This will take time to complete, although we have much prepared already.
We understand how important broader campus experiences are for our students. We are working hard to find alternative ways and dates to bring our campus experiences to you too.
The list below is of cancelled events. We will continue to keep this list updated:
- Tracks on Tuesday - weekly, Caulfield campus
- Wednesday Sessions - weekly, Clayton campus
- Live at the Alex - March, Clayton campus
- MGA Grad Village - 16-19 March, Caulfield and Clayton campuses
- Wominjeka Monash 2020 - 17 March, all campuses
- Summer Fiesta - 17 March, Caulfield campus
- O-Fest: After Dark - 19 March, Clayton campus
- Twilight Food Festival - 19 March, Clayton campus
- MGA Picnic on the Balcony - 20 March, Caulfield campus
- MGA Orientation - 21 March, Clayton campus
- MGA Welcome Party - 21 March, Clayton campus
- Ride to Uni Day - 26 March
- MAX on-line gaming event - 26 & 27 March, Clayton campus
- Rang Barse Festival of Colours [Holi Festival] - 29 March, Clayton campus
- Clayton Campus Tours - 30 March, 9 April, 17 April, 20 April
- Engineering Faculty Tours - 30 March and 6 April
- Monash Walk Run - 31 March, Clayton campus
- Monash Engineering Girls (MEG) Access All Areas Tours - 31 March and 7 April
- Peninsula Campus Tour - 6 April
- College Clash - 8 April, Clayton campus
- Monash Information Evening, Mildura - 21 April (will be delivered online)
- Monash Information Evening, Albury - 23 April (will be delivered online)
- Monash Information Evening, Peninsula - 28 April (will be delivered online)
- Wings for Life Run - 3 May, Clayton campus
- Global Leaders' Summit - 5-6 May
- MEG Engineering 101 Event - 16 May
- Monash Information Evening, Bendigo - 26 May (will be delivered online)
- Monash Information Evening, Shepparton - 27 (will be delivered online)
- Graduation Ceremonies (May) - Clayton campus
- Campus tours - Clayton (29 June, 3, 6 & 10 July) and Caulfield (9 July) campuses
- Campus tours - Clayton (14 August) campus
The Monash Academy of Performing Arts (MAPA) and the Monash University Museum of Art (MUMA) have temporarily suspended all public events. For more information, please see the fact sheet.
We are well prepared to respond to the current COVID-19 pandemic, and continue to consult with and be advised by the World Health Organisation (WHO), Federal and State Governments and associated health services and our Chief Medical Officer to ensure the health and wellbeing of our students and staff.
We will continue to keep you updated on changes to major events on this webpage and via official university channels. For more information and resources on the University’s response to COVID-19, visit the website and fact sheet.