Castan Centre event: The possibilities and limits of protest
- 20 August 2019 at 1:00 pm – 20 August 2019 at 2:15 pm
- Monash University Law Chambers, 555 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
- City Law Chambers
- Open to:
- Register here:
- Law; Other events; Public lectures; General
A Roundtable to Launch The Monash University Law Review
Special Issue on The Law of Protest
The Castan Centre for Human Rights Law invites you to a roundtable to launch the Special Issue on the Law of Protest published recently in the Monash University Law Review which can be viewed here.
The roundtable, which will be moderated by Castan Centre Director, Professor Sarah Joseph will discuss the recent Anti-Extradition protests in Hong Kong, the current legal impediments facing environmental protest in Australia and the effectiveness of Victoria’s Safe Access Zones on anti-abortion protests.
Speakers will include:
- Yik Mo Wong, Vice Convenor of the Civil Human Rights Front, Hong Kong (via Zoom).
- Bob Brown, lifelong activist, former Senator and founder of the Bob Brown Foundation.
- Ronli Sifris and Tania Penovic, Deputy Directors of the Castan Centre for Human Rights Law and co-authors (along with Caroline Henckels) of amicus curiae submissions in the 2019 High Court litigation on safe access zones - Clubb v Edwards  HCA 11.
- Janice Hugo
- 03 9905 3327
- Castan Centre for Human Rights Law