Dean's Lecture - Is digital technology ruining the mental health of our teenagers?
- 25 October 2017 at 6:30 pm – 25 October 2017 at 8:30 pm
- Gloucester Room 1 3/F The Excelsior, Hong Kong
- 281 Gloucester Road Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Open to:
- Register here:
- Alumni; Education; Information Technology; Other events; Public lectures; General
Associate Professor Nicky Jacobs will discuss the impact of digital technology, including smartphones and social media on the mental health of Generation Z.
Born between 1995 and 2012, members of this generation are growing up with smartphones, have Instagram, WhatsApp and Snapchat accounts before they start high school, and do not remember life before the internet. Practical guidance and strategies to mitigate risk will be presented.
- Monash Education
- 03 9904 4273
- Monash University - Faculty of Education