Dean's Lecture - Is digital technology ruining the mental health of our teenagers? - Melbourne
- 7 December 2017 at 6:00 pm – 7 December 2017 at 8:00 pm
- Lecture Theatre H3, 20 Chancellors Walk
- Monash University, Clayton campus
- Open to:
- Register here:
- Alumni; Education; Other events; Public lectures; General
Associate Professor Nicky Jacobs will discuss the impact of digital technology, including smartphones and social media on the mental health of Generation Z.
Born between 1995 and 2012, members of this generation are growing up with smartphones, have Instagram, WhatsApp and Snapchat accounts before they start high school, and do not remember life before the internet. Practical guidance and strategies to mitigate risk will be presented.
- Monash Education
- Monash Education, Monash University