Designing and Using Surveys and Questionnaires for Clinical Practice
- 28 November 2019 at 9:00 am – 29 November 2019 at 5:00 pm
- Conference rooms 1 & 2 Monash Public Health and Preventive Medicine 553 St Kilda Road Melbourne VIC 3004
- Open to:
- $480 (incl GST) per day
- Register here:
- Alumni; Education; Future student events; Medicine, Nursing, Health Science; Public lectures; Seminars & Workshops; General
This two day course will introduce participants to the theories, concepts and practice of developing and using surveys in clinical research and practice. Participants will gain practical skills on how to write good survey questions, use Qualtrics as a platform for developing surveys, undertake analysis of survey data, and understand the pitfalls of surveys and questionnaires. This course will also include a series of case studies on how surveys have been implemented into clinical practice, and the key learnings we can take from our experiences.
Students may register for one or both days.
Topics on Day 1 include:
- Using surveys
- Designing and writing good survey questions
- Ethical considerations when collecting data using surveys
- Recruitment and data collection
- Data entry and data coding
Topics on Day 2 include:
- Implementing surveys into practice
- Managing and analysing survey data
- Pitfalls of surveys
- Troubleshooting your survey
Who should attend?
The course will be useful for people who are new to survey design, as well as those who would like to improve their skills and knowledge. It will also benefit people who are planning to design a survey in the future (e.g. PhD students, clinicians, teaching academics), and those who plan to use previously developed surveys for research.
The course will appeal to:
- Health care providers (medical, nursing and allied health staff)
- Health service researchers
- Policy makers and program managers
- Quality managers
- HDR students (e.g. PhD or Masters students)
- Teaching associates and academics
- Suzy Giuliano
- School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine