Building and floor wardens
Building wardens and their deputies control buildings during emergencies. Floor wardens work under their guidance to help with evacuations.
- establish the nature of an emergency when possible
- order evacuations when needed
- control evacuations
- report on the state of the evacuation to emergency services
- record evacuation details
- check all areas to which they are assigned
- inform people when they need to evacuate
- report on the state of evacuation to the building warden or emergency services
- record evacuation details.