First aiders and first aid coordinators
First Aid Coordinators:
It is the responsibility of the First Aid co-ordinator to:
- notify area First Aiders of the requirement to be immunised against Hepatitis B;
- act as focal point for communication between First Aiders in the work area and OH&S;
- complete first aid assessment of the unit;
- allocate specific duties to First Aiders;
- ensure that first aid kits, supplies and equipment are maintained;
- monitor the record keeping associated with First Aid kits, supplies and equipment;
- liaise the local OHS committee and OH&S on First Aid matters;
- ensure First Aiders have Hepatitis B vaccinations and current training qualifications;
- adhere to the specific requirements and responsibilities for First Aid Coordinators, as noted in the Monash University First Aid Procedure.
Appointment form (advise us of new First Aid Coordinator appointments)
It is the responsibility of the First Aiders to:
- complete or have completed, a Hepatitis B immunisation course. Seroconversion to Hepatitis B needs to be obtained. This requirement applies to all new First Aiders and First Aiders renewing their First Aid training who act as First Aiders
- attend training as required. This includes an annual CPR update;
- provide First Aid as needed, always working within their level of competence;
- arrange prompt and appropriate referral as required;
- record all treatment (however minor) on the First Aid Injury Report;
- encourage staff who have had an occupational injury/illness to complete the online Hazard and Incident Report in S.A.R.A.H;
- access information from an SOS bracelet or similar in order to attend to a casualty;
- keep information on casualties confidential apart from reporting requirements and giving relevant information to medical staff;
- maintain First Aid facilities; including First Aid equipment, checking and restocking of First Aid kits, as delegated or if there is no First Aid coordinator for the area;
- report any deficiencies in the First Aid service to their First Aid co-ordinator.
Please note that OH&S does not keep a central record of First Aiders. Lists of First Aiders must be retained and made available locally.
List of First Aid coordinators
- Select "FA Coordinator" from the Officer Type field below
- Filter the remaining fields according to your Faculty, School and Org Unit.
- Click "View Report" on the right hand side to view listing according to your preference.