Laser Safety officers
Laser safety officers manage OHS issues associated with laser hazards in their area. They are appointed by their Heads of academic/administrative unit and are responsible for:
- help manage risks and hazards associated with the use of lasers
- assist in the application of OHS procedures on the use of lasers
- provide advice, information and instruction on the safe use of lasers
- respond to, investigate and develop corrective action following laser safety incidents
- liaise with the OH&S, local OHS committee, head of academic/administrative unit and local health and safety representatives
- monitor local area compliance with laser safety aspects of OHS policy and procedures
- promote awareness of laser safety.
NOTE: The OHS guide to the "Training Matrix" is currently being reviewed to incorporate new training programs for 2021. Please stay tuned!