Laser Safety officers
Laser safety officers manage OHS issues associated with laser hazards in their area. They are appointed by their Heads of academic/administrative unit and are responsible for:
- help manage risks and hazards associated with the use of lasers
- assist in the application of OHS procedures on the use of lasers
- provide advice, information and instruction on the safe use of lasers
- respond to, investigate and develop corrective action following laser safety incidents
- liaise with the OH&S, local OHS committee, head of academic/administrative unit and local health and safety representatives
- monitor local area compliance with laser safety aspects of OHS policy and procedures
- promote awareness of laser safety.
- Appointment form (advise us of new appointments)
List of Laser Safety Officers
- Select "Laser Officer" from the Officer Type field below.
- Filter the remaining fields according to your Faculty, School and Org Unit.
- Click "View Report" on the right hand side to view listing according to your preference.