Radiation Safety officers
Radiation safety officers manage OHS issues associated with radiation hazards in their area. They are appointed by their Head of academic/administrative unit and are responsible for:
- oversee purchase of radioactive substances
- register sources of ionising radiation
- keep records on the purchase, use, storage and disposal of radioactive substances
- advise, inform and train people on local use, storage, transport and disposal of radioactive substances
- maintain personal monitoring programs for users of radioactive substances
- help manage risks and hazards associated with radiation safety
- assist in the application of OHS procedures on radiation safety
- review radiation safety aspects of research projects and teaching activities
- respond to, investigate and develop corrective action following radiation safety incidents
- liaise with the University's Radiation Protection Officer, OH&S, local OHS committee, Head of academic/administrative unit and local health and safety representatives
- monitor local area compliance with radiation safety aspects of OHS policy and procedures
- audit local area legal compliance with regard to radiation safety and report breaches to the Radiation Protection Officer
- promote awareness of ionising radiation safety.
- Appointment form (advise us of new appointments)
List of Radiation Safety Officers
- Select "Radiation Officer" from the Officer Type field below.
- Filter the remaining fields according to your Faculty, School and Org Unit.
- Click "View Report" on the right hand side to view listing according to your preference.