Safety officers are appointed by Heads of academic/administrative units and are their delegated authority. They are responsible for:
- provide advice, information and instruction on local OHS issues
- assist in the application of OHS procedures
- help manage risks and hazards in their area
- report and investigate incidents, injuries and hazards and implement agreed control measures
- liaise with their Head of academic/administrative unit, OH&S and other safety personnel
- review and analyse injury and incident reports and data
- develop injury and incident prevention strategies for their area
- monitor local area compliance with OHS policy and procedures
- audit local area OHS compliance with regard to risk, emergency and hazardous waste management
- help promote OHS awareness.
- Appointment form (advise us of new appointments)
List of Safety officers
- Select "Safety Officer" from the Officer Type field below.
- Filter the remaining fields according to your Faculty, School and Org Unit.
- Click "View Report" on the right hand side to view listing according to your preference.