Terms of reference
- Advise the OHS Policy Committee on all matters relating to radiation usage including policy development, monitoring the provision and content of training courses, risk assessments, compliance with state and federal laws and the Monash University Radiation Policy.
- Initiate periodic reviews of the use of all sources of radiation at Monash University.
- Provide a forum for discussion on matters relating to radiation between OHS staff and sub-committee members.
- Meet at least twice each year, with at least half the members present for a quorum.
- Send minutes to OHS Policy Committee.
- Chairperson to attend one meeting of the OHS Policy Committee each year to report on matters relating to radiation safety.
- Advise the OHS Policy Committee on replacement of committee members, as needed.
Department of Pharmacology
|Chairperson who is a Head of Department or a senior academic from a department using ionising radiation|
|Dr Matthew Dimmock|
Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
|Staff member from a medical and biological sciences department with expertise in ionising radiation|
School of Physics
|Staff member from a physical sciences department with expertise in ionising radiation|
|Vacant||Radiation Safety Officer from a hospital-based department|
|Dr Craig Forsyth|
School of Chemistry
|Radiation Safety Officer from a physical sciences or medical or biological sciences department (whichever the chairperson is not from)|
School of Biological Sciences
|Staff member with some expertise in ionising radiation safety and preferably some familiarity with OHS matters|
Occupational Health and Safety
|OHS staff member|
|Person with expertise in non-ionising radiation|
|Vacant||Observer: nominee of the OHS Manager|