Terms of reference of the Health and Wellbeing Sub-Committee
To provide advice and direction on strategy and policy development undertaken across the University in relation to the health and wellbeing of the Monash staff and extending into the wider Monash community.
The primary task of the Health and Wellbeing Sub-Committee will be to oversee the development and implementation of a range of health and wellbeing initiatives and programs including the Healthy Together Victoria Achievement Program. It will provide guidance and framework for creating a healthy work environment, and sustain a healthy culture at the University for the long-term.
Purpose of group
The establishment of a Health and Wellbeing Sub-Committee provides the opportunity for representatives from the Monash staff community to work together to promote health and wellbeing and support sustainability of a health promoting university wide approach.
- Assess and regularly review the University health and wellbeing needs
- Determine health and wellbeing priorities.
- Integrate health and wellbeing priorities into the University’s strategic and annual implementation planning process
- Developing and incorporating a plan of action aligned with the University’s strategic and operational plan.
- Oversee implementation of the plan of action.
- Monitor, review and evaluate the plan and progress.
- Raise awareness of the Achievement Program in the University community.
Members are chosen from a variety of campuses and work groups. This is to ensure that decisions consider the needs and views of all staff and are sensitive to the diversity of the University's teaching, research and support activities.
- Chair, a nominee of the Vice-Chancellor (Professor Helen Truby, Head, Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Co- opted representatives from relevant Faculties or representative groups (Vacant)
- Senior management representatives from Campus Community (Mr Vladimir Prpich, Executive Director, Campus Community, Mr Brett Lavale , Director, Monash Sport)
- Senior management representative from Counselling, Campus Community (Mr Andrew Marks, Manager, Counselling and Mental Health Programs)
- A senior management representative from HR (Mr Rodney van Riet, Manager, Employee Assistance)
- A senior representative from Contracts (Vacant)
- A senior professional management staff (Divisional Directors, Directors, Managers) (Mr Chris Flynn, Interim Faculty Manager, Faculty of Science)
- A representative/s of the wellbeing champions group (Ms Darlene McGown, Executive Assistant to the Dean, Faculty of Education)
A single alternate should be nominated by each committee member in the instance that they are unable to attend.
- Director Business Support
- Manager, OHS
- Representatives from Wellbeing, OHS Unit
- Minutes Secretary (Wellbeing Assistant, OHS)
The term of office of each of the members is three years, renewable at the discretion of the Chairperson.
The Director, OHS & Environment will be the Executive Officer of and Secretary to the Sub-Committee.
The Sub-Committee will meet four times a year on dates to be determined.
The Sub-Committee will provide a report to each meeting of the Monash University OHS Committee (MUOHSC) which reports directly to the Vice Chancellor.