Meat Me Halfway Challenge
Join the Meat Me Halfway Challenge
The Meat Me Halfway Challenge is a delicious, nutritious and fun way to eat well and do something good for the planet and our future.
This June, we're challenging staff to go meat-free for at least 2 days each week and make the swap to plant-based proteins. If you're up for a bigger challenge, aim to go meat-free for 4 days a week!
All you have to do is:
- Register here for the Meat Me Halfway Challenge.
- Share pictures of your meat-free meals AND/ OR your favourite meat-free recipe on Monash Wellbeing Workplace Group.
- Use the following hashtags: #planetaryhealthmonash #meatmehalfway
How to post on Workplace
Not sure how to post on Workplace? Check out our quick guide.
Other ways to get involved
If you're already living meat-free, there are still plenty of ways you can get involved:
- Challenge some of your meat loving colleagues and friends to sign up for the challenge
- Share your favourite meat-free recipes or tips
- If you're organising catering for an upcoming workplace event, offer 100% vegetarian options
- Make it a team activity
Top tips to eating less meat
- Eat more plant based foods (e.g. fruits, vegetables, wholegrains, legumes, nuts). Plant based foods require lesser resources to produce compared to meat products.
- Find vegetarian swaps for your favourite dishes. Swap your mince for some lentils, or swap out the chicken in your stir fry for some tofu.
- Embrace nuts and seeds.
- Check out all the amazing meat-free recipes online.
- Add flavour with herbs, spices and aromatics.
- Elevate your tofu game. Tofu is one of the most versatile alternatives to meat - Extra firm tofu has a firm meaty texture which is great for stir-fries, sandwiches and grain bowls, while soft silken tofu is great in soups.
- Start with small achievable goals. If you're going meat-free for the first time, start small with two days rather than going cold turkey completely.
- Buddy up and make it fun! Partnering with a like-minded friend/ colleague or making it a fun family affair can help you stay the course.
Keen to get started? Try these meat-free recipes!
- Mushroom and tomato frittata
- Roasted chickpeas 4 ways
- Roasted pumpkin couscous salad
- Moroccan sweet potato, carrot and chickpea soup
- Kimchi brown rice bliss bowls
- Portobello mushroom burger
- Lentil Bolognese
- Veggie Pizza
- Whole roasted cauliflower with hummus and green herb dressing
- Easy vegetarian paella
- Quick Tofu Tikka Masala
- To-Go Miso Noodle Soup
- Warm Tahini Chocolate Banana Wrap
- Shir Berinj - Afghan Rice Pudding
- Baked Fruit Crumble - Three Ways
- Mango Spinach Smoothie