Staff Wellbeing Activity Program (SWAP) Nurtition and Food Prepration Course
Together with Be Active Sleep Eat (BASE), we run seminars and cooking demostrations as a Staff Wellbeing and Activity Program (SWAP).
SWAP provides opportunities for staff groups to get active in a group activity. Our aim is to help you improve staff wellbeing, productivity and morale through low-cost programs targeted at all ages and fitness levels.
Types of programs available
The below programs can be offered as a one hour seminar. Please note fees do apply for the below programs. If you would like a food preparation component to your program,please add this in your intial request.
Requests can be placed on the online form
- Incorporating more fruit vegetables and legumes
- The value of grains and carbohydrates
- Dairy or dairy alternatives and calcium in your diet
- Fats and oils: the benefits and issues
- Packed lunch ideas for the workplace
- Packed lunches for school kids
- Easy family meals incorporating the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating
- Label reading: which packaged foods can be good for you
- Cholesterol management
- Diabetes management
- Menu planning and shopping list development for busy families
- Weight management: low fat/low kilojoule cooking
- Portion sizes for a healthy weight (discussion and demonstration)
- Snack foods and the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating
Participation in SWAP programs contributes to your Faculty/Division Wellbeing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) aiming for 30% participation annually.
Contact for enquiries
Wellbeing at Monash
Occupational Health and Safety
Telephone: 990 51021 or 990 20856