Steptember 10,000 Steps Challenge
Join us on Monash's STEPtember 10,000 Steps Challenge!
We’ve faced adversity and come out stronger than before, and we know now how critical staying connected and active is for both our physical and mental health. The time is now to get active, get healthy, and get connected.
That’s why we’re asking you to step up to the challenge from 1 to 30 September with your colleagues, family, and friends. And it’s not just about walking — you can swim, ride, wheel, or spin your way to your daily 10,000 steps. As a virtual initiative, STEPtember can be completed anywhere, anytime – helping us get active while keeping our community connected. While the goal is to take 10,000 steps each day, there are over 40 activities that count towards steps, not just those you might do outside. STEPtember is all about inclusivity.
Best of all, while you’re doing it, we’re hoping you and your team will raise money to improve the lives of children and adults living with cerebral palsy.
1 in 6 Australians are estimated to have a disability, and every 20 hours an Australian child is born with cerebral palsy (CP) resulting from damage to the developing brain. From early intervention for babies, life saving technology and equipment, or ground-breaking research, by participating in STEPtember you’ll be improving their lives and other disabilities.
So, get your team together and register before 1st September.
- Get your team of four together
- Appoint one person as the team captain. Note: All team captains must be either a Monash staff or student
- Agree on a unique team name (the funnier, the better)
- Agree on a team fundraising goal (Aim high, its all for a great cause)
Team Captains must register the team before other members can join.
Team captains must be a Monash student or staff member
If you participated in the STEPtember challenge in the past then please log in with your previous account information
- The Team Captain then registers your team at https://www.steptember.org.au/join/monashuniversity which will automatically link your team to Monash University
- Select your faculty/divisional area
- Enter your unique team name
- Enter your own details (Remember: Log in using your Monash email address but DO NOT use your Monash password)
- Enter the names and emails of the team members (In submitting your team registration you may be providing the personal information of others (eg. the names and contact details of your team members) and you are encouraged to make your team members aware of this privacy collection statement and the Steptember)
- Once your Team Captain has completed the team registration, each team member will be emailed an invitation link in order to complete their own registration.
Before you join, make sure your team captain has registered your team and sent you an invitation via email to join
- Once your team captain has registered your team, you will receive a confirmation email. Accept your registration by clicking on the link provided in the email
- Enter your details (Remember: If you are staff or student, log in using your Monash email address but DO NOT use your Monash password
- Enter your personal fundraising goal
- Select how you will track your steps (Perhaps select one of the apps recommended below)
- Make your own personal donation to this great cause
Apps and Devices
As always Monash supports sustainable solutions for tracking our steps. So, this year we're asking participants to:
A. Choose to reuse a previously provided pedometer from one of our many earlier events
B. download one of the following fitness apps below:
C. or purchase a discounted Garmin product Please note that this offer is only available to Monash staff with a valid Monash email.
Steptember will provide Monash University Health and Wellbeing with access to data about the teams participating in the challenge, including results and demographic information, for the purposes of sponsoring those teams to participate in the challenge and to evaluate the success of the program and design future programs.
In submitting your team registration you may be providing the personal information of others (eg. the names and contact details of your team members) and you are encouraged to make your team members aware of this privacy collection statement and the Steptember
For more information about the handling of personal information by Monash University, or other organisations acting on our behalf, please see Student Data Protection and Privacy Collection Statement, the Employee Data Protection and Privacy Collection Statement or the Visitors and Enquirers Data Protection and Privacy Collection Statement, depending on your interaction with Monash University.
Monash University values the privacy of every individual’s personal information and is committed to the protection of that information from unauthorised use and disclosure except where permitted by law. For more information about Data Protection and Privacy at Monash University please see our Data Protection and Privacy Procedure.
If you have any questions about how Monash University is collecting and handling your personal information, please contact our Data Protection and Privacy Office at email@example.com.