What do I need?
The following table outlines what immunisation staff and students at Monash University require according to their tasks.
- X indicates an immunisation is required. Click it to download the relevant immunisation questionnaire and consent form.
- # indicates you need to discuss this immunisation with your Biosafety/OHS officer. Call extension 51014 before proceeding.
|Job Title / Tasks / Working with||Hepatitis A||Hepatitis B|| Meningococcal |
|Meningococcal Polysacchraide||Polio||Q Fever||Tetanus (ADT)||TB|
|Official Monash University First Aider||X|
|Working with mice / rats||X|
|Working with sheep / goats / cattle||X||X|
|Non human primates. Macaques / marmosets||X||X||X||X||X|
|Child Care Workers (Childhood immunisations must be up to sate)||X|
|Designated cleaning staff responsible for needle / syringe disposal||X|
|Blood / body fluids / taking blood samples||X|
|Other body fluids #|
|Microbiological organisms #|
|Potentially infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB)||X|
|Potentially infexted with isolates of Neisseria Meningitidis||X #||X #|
|Mortuary specimens||X||X #|
|Specimens from sheep / goats / cattle||X #|
|Designated staff responsible for needle syringe disposal||X|
|Potential for exposure to raw sewage||X||X||X|
All staff consult University Health Service regarding travel immunisations and travel health
All adults in the Australian community are recommended to take responsibility to maintain their immunity to tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, polio, measles and mumps; this should be discussed with your own doctor or please call Occupational Health and Safety on 9905 1014 for specifid advice if:
- you are unsure of your immunisation requirements
- you are working with an uncommon organism or animal not listed
- working conditions are not listed in this grid
- your risk assessment indicates that other immunisations may be required
For further information refer to the Procedure for Immunisations.