Risk Management and Safe Work Instructions
It is essential that staff and students are not injured while working or studying at Monash University. All activities that will involve considerable risk to health and safety must be assessed using a risk assessment. Additionally, actions must be taken to reduce the risk.
Risk assessments must be be completed in SARAH using the WHS Risk Register module.
Depending on your user account, please navigate to either of the following Risk Register tiles in SARAH.
Centrally Managed Risk Assessments
These are developed by Monash OH&S for common activities as deemed appropriate and approved by the Manager, OH&S. A list of these can be found at the following link.
How to conduct a Risk Assessment
- Tutorial videos
- Risk management twelve hazards video
- The OHS Risk Assessment Guide provides a summary on how to select the risk factors in SARAH.
- OHS Classifications provides a summary of the classifications available in SARAH.
- The Naming Guide has information on naming your risk assessments to assist searching for them.
The OHS risk management procedure defines the requirements for risk management at Monash University.
There are also additional modules of the Risk Management Program for specific hazards:
- Risk Management Program: Ergonomics/Manual Handling
- Risk Management Program:Chemical
- Risk Management Program: Radiation
- Risk Management Program: Biological