Influenza Immunisation Program for Staff
Get Vaccinated against Influenza!
Flu season is nearing! Commonly known as ‘the flu’, influenza is a highly contagious disease that can be serious, debilitating and affect the whole body.
This year's Quadrivalent vaccine provides protection from 4 strains of influenza virus (2 strains of Influenza A and 2 strains of Influenza B).
Some facts about the flu!
- Influenza is a potentially fatal disease that is estimated to cause more deaths than accidents on roads.
- Between 5% and 20% of the Australian population may be infected with influenza each year.
- Vaccination is the single most effective way of protecting yourself against influenza infection
- Hand washing, covering your cough or sneeze as well as practising personal hygiene, such as trying not to touch your mouth or nose are also important preventative measures
- Follow these healthy habits to avoid influenza.