COVID-19 Transport and Parking Updates
Last updated 1 March 2021.
Parking arrangements for staff and students
From Monday 22 February 2021, parking rates will vary based on the area you park in, and will be charged by the minute with a 5-hour maximum daily cap.
To park for free on campus:
- Students: Create a CellOPark account (available through app, website or phone) to register your parking sessions, using your eight-digit Monash ID number.
- Staff who drive a few times a week: Create a CellOPark account (available through app, website or phone) using your eight-digit Monash ID number, and register your parking session each time you park.
- Staff who drive every day: Register for a 30-day parking permit using vPermit. The permit is valid for 30 consecutive days from the date it commences, and you won’t need to use CellOPark.
Parking sessions are required so that traffic officers can identify staff and students who are eligible for free parking.
- Clayton / Caulfield / Peninsula
- Students may park for free in any Bue bay.
- Staff may park for free in any Blue or Red bay.
- Students may park for free in the metered bays of the 407 Royal Parade car park.
- Staff may park for free in the Red bays of the 399 Royal Parade car park.
How to register for free parking
To access free parking, staff and students must download the CellOPark app and register all parking sessions. Please ensure that your Monash ID is included on your CellOPark profile to access the free parking rates. For more information on how to use the CellOPark app for PAYU please visit the PAYU website.
Parking permit cancellations
From Monday 3 August 2020, we have replaced parking permits with a new Pay As You Use (PAYU) parking system, to make parking on campus fairer, flexible and easier for staff and students. For more information on PAYU, please visit the PAYU website.
Staff and students who purchased blue or red parking permits at the start of the year have had their permits cancelled and refunded. Please see below for more information.
Should you wish to check the status of your refund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9902 0222.
Intercampus Shuttle Bus service changes
Shuttle bus services will commence in 2021 as outlined below:
- Clayton-Caulfield: the outside-semester timetable will commence on Monday 1 February 2021, and the in-semester timetable commences from Monday 22 February 2021.
- Clayton-Peninsula will recommence on Monday 22 February 2021.
- Peninsula-Frankston Station will recommence on Monday 22 February 2021.
Please refer to the PTV Journey Planner for alternative public transport options.
Public Transport service updates
For up to date information on timetable changes during COVID-19, please visit the PTV Coronavirus Information website.
Changes to myki Commuter Club
If you have purchased a myki Pass through the Monash Commuter Club, you may pause your pass or apply for a refund. Paused passes may be reactivated once you are ready to recommence travelling on public transport. Please contact PTV on 1800 800 007 to figure out the best option for your myki.
Clayton Bike Arrival Station measures
The James Gormley BAS and Southern BAS are currently open for use by staff and students. To help in maintaining the cleanliness of these facilities, we have introduced the following measures:
- All personal items must be stored inside lockers or taken with you.
- Towels must not be stored on common drying racks, hooks, or in bathrooms
- Hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes have been provided for all to use
For up-to-date Monash information regarding COVID-19, please visit our dedicated website and fact sheet.