Parking and permits
But with so many Monash students, staff and visitors, finding a space can be difficult at some campuses without a permit, and they can be hard to get if you don't get in early, especially at Caulfield.
To ease the pressure on limited spaces, consider your other options before applying for a permit, such as the Rideshare carpooling program, public transport, cycling or walking – you could save time and money, and help the environment.
Getting your permit
You can buy or apply for a permit from our purchase parking permits page, which outlines your choices and explains where you can park, based on your permit colour.
If you forget your permit
Please contact the Transport and Parking office on 9902 4700 to arrange a temporary permit.
Update your existing details
If you already have a blue, red or green permit, make sure you update your vehicle details if they change.
Changes to parking at Clayton
Major construction works at Clayton campus have seen a number of changes to parking at the campus.
You don't need a permit, but must park in the spaces reserved for motorcyclists.
All our campuses have convenient parking spaces for people with a disability. You can apply for a disability permit through your local council and can use it across Victoria. VicRoads has more information.
Staff can reduce the cost of a permit by paying for it through salary packaging.
Campus location maps
Our maps page shows how to get to any Monash campus in the Melbourne area. You can also download campus maps, showing all parking areas.
Read the sign - avoid the fine
All our campuses are subject to Victorian traffic laws (Road Safety Act and Victorian Road Rules), so please obey the road rules and signs. To avoid a parking fine:
- obey the signs where you park
- check the time limits on metered spaces
- display your parking ticket or permit clearly
- only park in a permit zone that matches your permit type
- only park motorcycles in motorcycle zones
- don't park in spaces for the disabled without a disability permit
- don't copy, modify or falsify a parking ticket or permit
- don’t park in loading zones unless you are entitled to do so, and then only for the prescribed period of time
- if you drive to campus in different vehicles, put your permit in a clear plastic cover for switching between vehicles – you can get permit pouches from from Monash Connect.