Rational Drug Design
Due to COVID-19, note this workshop is currently unavailable until further notice.
For Year 12 Biology
This workshop explores the process of rational drug design and its importance in pharmaceutical sciences. The development, action and role of Relenza (a project in which Monash University played a key role) is also unpacked and students will get to talk to current PhD students about their research and the key role they are playing in enhancing our medicines.
- Monash University, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, 3052
- At your school (we require a classroom with a projector and tables suitable for team work)
- 1-2 hours
- Best for maximum 25 students
- Flexible with days and times, availability subject to room access at our Parkville campus
Curriculum content explored
It is recommended that students have familiarity with the below concepts prior to the workshop.
- Epidemics and Pandemics
- Viral structure
- Rational drug design process
- The development of Relenza