A range of projects are available to students who would like to investigate the role of lymphatics in disease, or drug delivery to lymphatics to treat disease. Projects on therapeutics encompass a broad focus on formulation, drug delivery, lymph and plasma pharmacokinetic analysis, immunology and metabolism.
Collaborate with us
We love to collaborate with industry and academic groups.
Our key skills include:
- formulation of poorly water soluble drugs (lipid based formulations and liposomes)
- conducting plasma and lymph pharmacokinetic studies in rodents. This involves drug administration via various routes, cannulation of blood or lymph vessels and collection of blood/plasma and lymph samples to analyse drug concentrations
- cannulation and collection of lymph draining different tissues in rodents (mesenteric, hepatic, cervical, inguinal and thoracic lymph duct)
- HPLC and HPLC-MS/MS analysis of therapeutic concentrations in different tissues conducted in the HMST lab at MIPS
- pharmacokinetic calculations and modelling
- flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy conducted within the Imaging, FACS and Analysis Core at MIPS