Faculty Diversity and Inclusion
Faculty Diversity and Inclusion
The Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Diversity and Inclusion Committee acknowledge the Wurundjeri People as the Traditional Owners of the land on which the Parkville Campus stands. We pay our respects to their Elders, past and present, and the Aboriginal Elders of other communities
The Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Committee (FDIC) for the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, oversees the management and communication of diversity and inclusion matters on the Parkville campus.
- Marian Costelloe (Chair)
- Annalise Tindal
- Al Meibusch
- Alastair Thomas
- Andrew Fitzpatrick
- Betty Exintaris
- Sab Ventura
- Whitney Etheve
- Irma Kajan
- Liz Stock
- Student representatives
FDIC will provide opportunity for diversity and inclusion issues to be discussed which may include, but are not limited to:
- Gender equity for staff and students
- Student equity and access
- Indigenous staff and students
- Staff and students of diverse genders and sexualities
- Culturally and linguistically diverse staff and students
- Staff and students with a disability
- We recognise diversity
- We work inclusively
- We innovate
- We are sustainable
- Athena Swan
- Silver Employer AWEI
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA)
Terms of Reference
1. Share information about the University’s diversity and inclusion framework and plans, and monitor progress against targets where appropriate particularly in relation to the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Parkville campus
2. Provide a forum for opportunities, concerns and issues about diversity and inclusion to be discussed.
3. Initiate, develop and implement collaborative initiatives.
4. Report regularly and offer recommendations to the Faculty and Education Executive Committees as appropriate, as well as the Monash University Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Diversity and Inclusion Network at Monash University
Access Monash - supports students from disadvantaged backgrounds - so they can gain access to and participate in a fantastic university experience
Yulendj Indigenous Engagement Unit – provides support to Indigenous students and staff in their education and employment aspirations and provides strategic advice to the University on Indigenous matters.
Disability Support Services - Disability Support Services assists students with disabilities, mental health conditions and on-going medical conditions.
Gender equity at Monash - striving to create an organisational culture that is inclusive and in which female staff participate equally at all levels in our pursuit of excellence.
LGBTIQ Allies on the Parkville campus:
Andrew Fitzpatrick, E: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +61 3 990 39689
Irma Kajan, E: email@example.com Tel: +61 3 990 52190
Dr Andreia Bruno, E: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +61 3 990 39031
Jenny Harvey, E: email@example.com Tel: +61 3 990 39514
Caitlin Larsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Erica Sloan, E: email@example.com Tel: +61 3 9903 9707
Marian Simkin, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Waldhuber, E: email@example.com Tel: +61 3 9903 9173
Mel McKenna, E: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +61 3 9903 9515
Mina Nichols-Boyd, E: email@example.com Tel: +61 3 9903 9182
Monica Langiu, E: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +61 3 9903 9225
Simon McKenzie-Nickson, E: email@example.com
Stephanie Jury, E: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +61 3 9903 9615
Alastair Thomas, E: email@example.com, Tel: +61 3 9903 9090
Amy NY Chen, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Calandra, E: email@example.com, Tel: +61 3 9903 9620
Anna Cifuentes-Ries, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arisbel Batista Gondin, E: email@example.com
Siobhan Kennedy, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina Brock, E: email@example.com, Tel: +61 3 9903 9025
LGBTIQ Allies in the University:
If you would like to get in contact please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reconciliation Week 27 May - 3 June 2020
Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Committee Meeting 1
Wednesday 13 May 2020
1.00PM - 2.30PM
International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) 2020
11-15 May 2020
See more on the Diversity and Inclusion website.
Her Research Matters Collective Event - Guest Speaker Nicole May - Friday 6th March