Pharmacy inter-campus exchange
Bachelor of Pharmacy students have the opportunity to undertake a one semester inter-campus exchange between the Parkville and Malaysia campuses. Exchanges to other institutions are not permitted due to pharmacy course accreditation issues.
Bachelor of Pharmacy inter-campus exchange: Policy
All students applying for intercampus exchange must meet the university-wide eligibility criteria for intercampus exchanges as well as the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences’ criteria, as specified below:
- Students must have an average of at least 60% across all completed units.
- Students can only go on exchange for one semester in Semester 2 second year or Semester 1 third year. Students must study the same units that they would have studied at their home campus in that semester (identical units are offered at both campuses). Students can only complete units from the same year level.
- A maximum of five students from each campus will be selected to go on exchange each semester. If more applications are received than places available, students will be selected on academic merit.
Bachelor of Pharmacy inter-campus exchange: Procedures
- Ensure you meet the university-wide eligibility criteria for intercampus exchanges as well as the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences' eligibility criteria, as above.
- Read about intercampus exchange financial information.
- Applications are due by 31 March each year for students applying to go on exchange in Semester 2 of their second year, or 3 October for students applying to go in Semester 1 of their third year. These are central Monash deadlines and are not negotiable
- Applications are submitted online. See Monash Abroad’s information page.
- The faculty’s Exchange Advisor will prepare and provide your Study Plan (study plan application form). Please contact your Exchange Advisor to request your Study Plan no later than 1 March each year for students applying to go in Semester 2 second year, or 3 September for students applying to go in Semester 1 third year.
The Monash Abroad office selects students to go on the intercampus exchange program and notifies the students and faculty.
Application submission and contacts
Submit your application to the Assistant Manager, Course Management (Pharmacy), Ms Linda Lim, who will lodge it with the Student and Community Services team.
Ms Linda Lim
Assistant Manager, Course Management (Pharmacy)
See the Monash abroad website