Student Ambassador Program
The Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Student Ambassador Program offers a host of opportunities to gain important leadership, teamwork, public speaking, event management and mentoring skills. Student Ambassadors will have the chance to represent and promote the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at a variety of future and current student events and will positively impact the Monash community as a whole.
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Student Ambassadors benefit because they:
- develop transferable skills through training and hands-on application
- enjoy enhanced overall university experience and make new friends
- gain skills and experiences that improve their resume
- receive professional guidance from an industry mentor
- are able to attend professional development workshops and training programs
- receive a certificate of appreciation at an end-of-year function
Student Ambassador Position Description
The Student Ambassador Program is a voluntary extra-curricular program open to Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences students enrolled at Parkville. Applicants must plan to be enrolled at Monash from July this year until June next year. Double degree students are welcome to submit applications. Up to 30 Student Ambassadors will be selected each year.
Ambassadors are appointed for one year, and may reapply the following year. The Ambassador 'year' is from July to June (the same as a financial year).
To be recognised as an Ambassador students are expected to sign an Ambassador Contract which commits them to the following responsibilities and attendance requirements. Students failing to meet the requirements of the program may have their position terminated.
- Contribute significantly to running activities during Enrolment and O Week
- Be a mentor for up to 10 first year students during the first semester
- Share your university experiences with future students at Open Day
- Contribute at least five hours of support each semester at marketing, recruitment and engagement events, positively representing and promoting the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Contribute regularly to the faculty website and social media channels facebook.com/MonashPharm/
Attendance is required at:
- Ambassador Training - 6 June 2019 10am - 3pm
- At least one of either Open Day Clayton 4 August or Parkville 18 August
- Monthly Student Ambassador meetings
- Orientation week 2020, 24 Feb – 28 Feb
Attendance is expected at some of the following:
- Professional development workshops and training sessions provided by the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Marketing and recruitment events organised by the faculty marketing department etc.
Student Ambassador will not be expected or encouraged to miss any classes. Other commitments however, should be organised around Ambassador commitments. Compulsory Student Ambassador training will be conducted outside of class time.
Unreasonable expectations will not be placed on Ambassadors in the lead up to and during the assignment/exam period, but Ambassadors will be expected to attend some events and workshops during University holidays and weekends.
Key selection criteria
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills suitable for working with the Ambassador team and the student body
- Demonstrated involvement with and contribution to the Monash community, school or local community
- Must have passed all units in the preceding semester
- Ability to positively promote and represent the Faculty Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Have the desire to participate, make new friends and have fun.
Selection process timeline:
- 14 May 2019: Applications open
- 20 May 2019: Applications close
- 27 - 30 May 2019: Group interviews conducted during this time
- Before 31 May 2018: Applicants notified of outcome
If you are able to fully participate in the Student Ambassador Program and are interested in applying, please follow these steps when applications open:
- Read the Student Ambassador Position Description above
- Complete the Student Ambassador Application Form.
- Attend the group interview if requested. (Note: Interview times will be sent to your student email address.)
Still have questions?
For more information on the Student Ambassador Program please email the Student Experience Officer (email@example.com).