Organise a student event
Student clubs have access to Parkville venues for functions and meetings, however all bookings must follow the correct procedures outlined below.
Priority will be given to teaching activities at all times. When planning an event that will be involving amplified sound or lots of noise, please let the Senior Student Experience Officer know. These events will only be approved if they don't interfere with teaching.
Booking a room or organising a student function - step by step
2. Make a booking with the faculty
Complete the 2018 Student Club Function Fact Sheet, once you have approval from MPSA. All bookings must be made at least two weeks prior to your event. Please ensure that all aspects of the form are complete and that you provide as much detail as possible for your booking to be processed efficiently. For event or booking advice please contact the Senior Student Experience Officer.
3. Confirmation of your booking
You will receive a confirmation of your booking via email from the Senior Student Experience Officer once your booking has been processed. It is your responsibility to check the details are correct.
The Function fact sheet will:
- Help you plan your event
- Clarify and communicate responsibilities
- Ensure any required security and cleaning is booked
- Help you consider and address any risks
Once complete, please return this to the Senior Student Experience Officer at least 10 days before your event. Events must not be advertised until approval has been obtained.
- The organising committee will nominate member/s (depending on function) to take responsibility for the function on the night, including liaising with security if required.
- The organising committee will nominate the address and contact details of one executive member to allow the faculty to bill the committee for security, cleaning, set-up costs etc
- The organising committee will ensure that the details of their event are communicated to the Senior Student Experience Officer and recorded on the Student Club Function Fact Sheet. The organising committee will ensure that it is compliant with food handling and responsible service of alcohol laws.
- Please note the organising committee is responsible for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of event participants. For more information on risk assessment please refer to the Monash University Occupational Health and Safety policies.